|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- tbsp. coconut oil divided
- 8 ounces tempeh cubed into 1/2" pieces
- 1 batch Thai Peanut Sauce divided
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- juice of 1 lime salt to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 scallions minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 60 minutes, until a fork can easily pierce the inside.
- While the potatoes bake, make the Thai Peanut Sauce. Pour half of the peanut sauce in a shallow dish and toss with the cubed tempeh.
- When potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add tempeh and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tempeh is browned. Remove from the skillet and wipe it clean. Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and sauté red bell peppers, ginger, and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until peppers are slightly soft and ginger and garlic are fragrant. Remove from heat, stir in tempeh and set aside.
- When potatoes are ready, remove from oven and set the oven to broil. Slice each potato down the middle and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Gently spoon out the inner flesh from each potato. Leave a wall of 1/4-1/2 inch of sweet potato around the skin for support. Place roughly 2/3 of the soft flesh in a small bowl. The remaining can be frozen or discarded. Add coconut milk, curry paste, and lime juice. Whip the mixture together using a handheld mixer.
- Fold in red bell pepper mixture, scallions, cilantro, peanuts, and seasonings. Spoon filling back into each sweet potato and return to the oven until tops
Adapted from: My Darling Vegan.